Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ballin'

NBA Finals- Game Six, Tuesday June 17, 2008.

Note to the world: The Boston Celtics will dominate.


I do not care about the stereotypes, even fashionistas can have strong, almost unhealthy obsessions with sports. And if there is one sport I know, love and breathe, it's American basketball.

And while I am a current resident of LA and the roots of my being are thoroughly ingrained in the the Southern California soil, it is the city of Boston that has my heart. And part of that heart belongs to the Celtics.

And recently the rest of my heart belongs to James Posey.



I want that.


He is a baller, shot caller to say the very least. Most widely noted for his amazing defensive skills and his 3-pointers, James Posey of the Boston Celtics is an animal on the court. His most recent newsworthy activities include beating the shit out of the Chicago Bulls when he played in and won the Championship in 2006 with the Miami Heat.

To be honest, I didn't even know he existed until the Celtics signed him in August 2007. And now, I have allowed this beautiful basketballer to steal my fashionable little heart. I just can't get enough of those tall black socks he wears, and that green and white mouth piece he plays with throughout the game with those lips...get me a thermometer 'cause baby, I got that FEVER.

Most importantly though, Posey is a beast. And when he makes his moves on the court, he comes in with the clutch. So basically the Lakers don't stand a chance against my man, my Celtics, or my city tonight because they're gonna get OWNED.

Game Six-- IT'S ALL OVER.





Note to self: When the Celtics win, promote green as the new black for Fashion Week Fall 2008. If the Lakers win, still promote green as the new black because royal purple is disgusting.

I am now off to bed to have sweet dreams about James Posey and what it will be like to make passionate love to him after he wins the finals. More post-game 6, until then I will leave you with the words of another BaLLa, from my real hometown, the same town the LAkers are currently dictating, Los Angeles. And now the wise words of Tupac Shakur--

"Mothafuckas still ballin' til the day I die
You can bring your crew, but we remain true"

- Tupac in Trick Daddy's Still Ballin' Part II circa 2002 (yes it was after he died, I do not know how that is possible, but it is and it is amazing.)



Parting note: CELTICS REMAIN TRUE NO MATTER WHAT, LAKERS CAN BRING THEIR CREW BUT CELTICS ARE THE TRUE BALLERS. That, and I have officially lost my mind! Cheers!

xoxo,

*Marisa Lynn*

No comments: