Monday, June 16, 2008

There are Three I's in Narcissistic

I am unsure as to which way is the most fabulous way to start such a glamorous blog. I am also unsure as to whether or not just calling a blog glamorous actually makes it glamorous, or if in fact that by calling my blog glam, it in turn becomes cheesy and disgusting. Kind of like young gay boys in West Hollywood (WeHo) who are too damn self-aware for their own good, and hence cheesy and disgusting. You know who I am talking about: those little skeletal-looking boys who wear sparkle bronzer and glitter lip gloss while they dance topless on bar stools and neon stages.


Note to self: I do not want my blog to become an utterly self-aware gay boy with sparkles and neon lights.




The only thing I do know about this blog is that I want it to be centered around my very favorite subject in life: myself. I like myself and I happen to think I am interesting enough to write to the cyber world about my life. Conceded? Definitely.

Speaking of myself, I read a quote today that caused me to self reflect for at least two hours straight:

"THE MOST EXCITING, CHALLENGING AND SIGNIFICANT RELATIONSHIP OF ALL IS THE ONE YOU HAVE WITH YOURSELF. AND IF YOU FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE THE YOU YOU LOVE, WELL, THAT'S JUST FABULOUS." - Carrie, Sex and the City (SATC)




One of my very best (and most fabulous) friends, Christine (aka: Xtina), has that quote posted on her Facebook profile. And while I was Internet stalking her and all the pictures she posted from last night's shit show, her quote caught my eye and allowed me to question my heart.

Call me cliche, but I think that many of the quotes from Sex and the City are noteworthy solely because they allow the audience to really think about THEMSELVES. This quote is hardly an exception.

There is no better way to pin point a relationship problem than to take a step back and think about exactly which relationship in your life is the cause of your relationship problem. It is rare indeed for any one person to sit back and admit in their own head that they even have a relationship with themselves. But this quote basically screams out the one thing that everyone is afraid to say, "The most important person in my life is ME."

To hell with all that selfish blah, blah, bullshit. When did it become so wrong to care about myself over everyone else? When did it become so selfish for me to make myself happy before I worry about everyone else's happiness? The writers of SATC hit this nail on the head: In a world where the loving those around you is prized over loving yourself, I say give everyone else the finger for a while and fall in love with YOU again.




Personal goal: This summer I want to have a summer romance with me.

YAY for self-inflicted narcissistic behavior!

OH and speaking of narcissism: How good would I look in Carrie's wedding dress from the movie?! Now trust me, I KNOW that every fashion-obsessed, Dior whore across planet is just ITCHING to copy Carrie's dress for their own glamazon wedding; but bitches PUH-LEASE. If you all put fucking dead birds on your heads your weddings will not only become bird funerals, but you will also look hideous and ruin the fab dress you spent so much money to have copied. Instead of putting yourselves through fashion suicide, leave the Vivienne Westwood (designer of the infamous wedding dress) wearing to someone who knows how to play it better than Patricia Field (head stylist on SATC) ever could--MOI.





Note to self: Call Vivienne Westwood and see if the seams on the dress can be let out five sizes and if the nasty dead bird can be replaced with amazing Orchid from the white dress in the first scene of the movie.



And on that note it is 3am, hence I am going to lay my narcissistic ass to sleep so I can dream about myself in Vivienne Westwood, marrying either John James Preston OR Lil Wayne...whichever comes first.

xoxo,

*Marisa Lynn*

Personal Goals: Make narcissism the new fad diet. Learn how to spell narcissistic without using spell check.

No comments: